Full Time, Permanent
**Strictly no agencies**
Due to the growth of our cloud-based business software product, Clarity Software is looking to hire an experienced Software Business Analyst to join our Development Department. This role will be key in helping us move our software forward, by understanding the market and our internal & external stakeholders needs to help the team deliver strong product developments.
- Employer pension scheme – 2% paid by the company when you contribute 3%
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday!
- Life enrichment/gym membership up to £30 per month
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous staff training scheme
- Payday pizza
- Free fruit
- Perkbox subscription
- Work in a stylish office with a fully-furnished kitchen!
- 3pm finish on Fridays
- Immerse themselves so they have a key understanding of the software’s core offering and the market we operate in.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to solve problems and gather requirements to help develop our software.
- Prioritise requirements, define scope and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups- with the help of the team.
- Help document and communicate requirements so that they can move into our development stream.
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analysing data requirements
- Master strategic business process modelling, traceability and quality management techniques.
- Apply best practices for effective communication, information gathering and problem-solving.
- Perform user acceptance testing once a feature has been developed- so that they can see a requirement from its birth to release.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Technical/Specific Knowledge:
- The candidate will need a solid level of technical knowledge in order to understand the software, communicate with the developers and to help understand technical specifics and limitations of the product.
- They should have experience working within Software industry (both Web & Desktop based) and understand trends within the market.
- Ability to create base wireframes and mock-ups to help illustrate requirements
- Analytical Skills:
- The candidate will need good problem solving and analytical skills, so that they can interpret and translate market, customer and business needs into functional requirements.
- Problem solving, prioritisation and decision-making skills will be needed in order to consult both stakeholders and development and make judgement on certain problems and features.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- The ability to assess software metrics and data to help prioritise requirements
- Strong Verbal & Written Communication Skills:
- The candidate will need to be able to effectively collect information from stakeholders and present it accordingly.
- The role will involve working with a variety of different people in various positions, both in and outside of the company. They will therefore need to be confident in their communication skills and be able to gather their requirements accordingly.
- Extensive listening, writing, and interpersonal skills are a paramount for the success of this role.
- They also should be able to effectively represent and confidently present to stakeholders, act as a product owner, and facilitate successful communication, helping the team to deliver exactly what the software needs.
- Project Management Skills (with the assistance of our Head of Development & Product Owners):
- Document and communicate requirements to our development team
- Gather time estimates from the development team
- Evaluating risks and predicting potential problems
- Writing reports, instructions, and specifications and creating flowcharts where necessary
- Acting as a liaison between the business and its clients
- Evaluating Key Performance Indicators
- Making sure projects stay on track and target time requirements
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with Agile delivery.
- Experience with systems like JIRA, analytics tools etc.
- Leadership skills.
- BCS accredited.
- Design skills
This role will involve visiting our clients offsite and therefore the candidate will be needed to have the ability to drive and travel to different sites in the UK.