Full Time, Permanent
**Strictly no agencies**
To develop high quality software functionality for our world class leading online CRM and pricing software product.
Due to the growth of our cloud-based business software products, Clarity Software is looking to hire a new Java Developer, with a great attitude and excellent experience in building commercial applications.
Clarity Software offers a suite of business products used by 1,000’s of SMEs every day. Our software helps customers manage contacts, CRM, quotations, complex job pricing, stock, production, deliveries, invoices, reporting and much more.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a new team responsible for the product’s back-end services moving toward a Microservice Architecture, within a company who is passionate about continual improvement and world-class development. This team will have the potential to use world-class development practices together with modern DevOps and software architecture techniques, with fast iteration and feedback at its heart, which you can help to shape.
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy working in a passionate team environment and want to help build world-class products you can take pride in, we’d like to hear from you.
- Employer pension scheme – 2% paid by the company when you contribute 3%
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday!
- Life enrichment/gym membership up to £30 per month
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous staff training scheme
- Payday pizza
- Free fruit
- Perkbox subscription
- Work in a stylish office with a fully-furnished kitchen!
- 3pm finish on Fridays
- Build new and support existing features in an existing Java application back-end
- Work closely with the front-end team to support the product features
- Write and maintain unit tests to support the application
- Integrate with third-party systems using a variety of technologies
- Support QA engineers in building automated test frameworks around the application
- Leverage the latest software and hardware technologies
- Investigate and solve problems in a live environment
- Work to a planned roadmap incorporating leading innovations and designs
- Collaborate closely within a team of engineers
- An opportunity to work with new applications and possibly other technologies in the future
- 5+ years’ experience writing commercial applications in Java
- Working knowledge of the Java 8 JDK
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proven experience writing secure RESTful APIs
- Previously worked with message queues, e.g. AMQP, RabbitMQ
- Test-driven mindset and experience writing unit tests with JUnit
- Ability to analyse and solve performance issues
- High attention to detail
- Positive and flexible attitude with the ability to efficiently manage your time
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working in a team towards deadlines
- A keen interest and awareness of emerging industry trends and practices
- Experience with business process software e.g. CRM / MIS / MRP / ERP
- Ability to think at an architectural level
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience of containerisation, e.g. Docker
- Experience with IaaS, e.g. AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with SSL
- Experience of an Agile development process
- Experience with build tools, such as Jenkins and Ant
- Experience with Git and Pull Requests
- Experience with automated testing
- NIX experience
- Any other dev-ops experience
If we like the look of your CV, we may ask you to complete a writing challenge. We regret that we may not be able to respond to all unsuccessful applications.
Interested? Please send your CV to Emma Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org